As you’ll know if you’ve been regularly checking the site, That Was A Bit Mental is once again producing film reviews on a relatively regular basis. Since the start of 2014 I’ve already posted 24 reviews, and considering we’re only into March and I posted a total of 23 articles in the whole of 2013, that’s pretty good going.
I thought I’d take a minute to let you know what reviews I have planned for That Was A Bit Mental in the coming months. This is by no means a definitive list – there are some films in here that may not get reviewed any time soon, and there may be some films not in the list that end up getting reviewed. It’s just a general plan.
If there’s anything not on here that you want to see me tackling, by all means let me know by commenting below or emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org – I’ll happily try to track down and review any films you recommend.
That said, here’s what you can roughly expect to see on That Was A Bit Mental over the next few months.
- Halloween 6: Producer’s Cut and Halloween II (2009) reviews. I’ve reviewed every Halloween film except for these two, so expect to see them both covered soon as well as a series overview feature (like my Child’s Play one) so I can draw a line under the series.
- Friday The 13th Parts VIII, IX, X, Freddy Vs Jason and remake reviews. Similarly, I’ve only reviewed the first seven Friday The 13th films to date. This too will eventually be remedied, as will…
- A Nightmare On Elm Street Parts 4-7 and remake reviews. Considering this is my favourite horror series ever, I really should get round to reviewing them all.
- Upcoming and recent DVD and Blu-ray releases. There are a number of interesting films that have recently been released on DVD and Blu-ray in the UK, and some that are currently awaiting release. Expect me to cover as many of these as possible. These will include Phantom Of The Paradise, Alice Sweet Alice, The Doll Squad, The Corpse Grinders, Bad Channels, Arcade, Antisocial, The Stuff and a bunch of other upcoming releases from my favourite video label, Arrow Video.
- TV series reviews. These will naturally be fewer and farther between since they take longer to watch, but expect to see reviews of TV series that still fit the That Was A Bit Mental remit. First up you can expect to see a review of the first season of ’80s Nightmare On Elm Street spin-off Freddy’s Nightmares.
- That Was A Bit Mental: Volume 2 ebook. As promised, once I’ve posted my 201st review (I won’t be counting my 9/11 review) I’ll start working on my second ebook in my spare time. If you haven’t got the first one yet, it’s still on sale for just over a quid, so you’ve really got no excuse. Get it and review it!
- Other random horror films. I’ve got a never-ending to-review list consisting of hundreds of films I’ve watched over the years. Those with a relatively high priority (and therefore more likely to be reviewed in the coming months) include the rest of the Psycho series, the Hellraiser series, The Exorcist III, The Shining, Suspiria, Dawn and Day Of The Dead, the Poltergeist trilogy, the Texas Chainsaw Massacre sequels, American Psycho, Robocop and Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter.
- Other random non-horror films. Of the 196 films I’ve reviewed to date, only 50 have been non-horror. I appreciate there are plenty of ‘mental’ films that aren’t scary ones, so I plan to review a larger proportion of non-horror films. Among the films on my similarly sizeable list are Big Trouble In Little China, Flight Of The Navigator, Mortal Kombat, Labyrinth, Santa Claus Conquers The Martians, The Garbage Pail Kids Movie, Howard The Duck and the Star Wars Holiday Special.
- Finally, maybe, just maybe… the first ever That Was A Bit Mental public double-bill Grindhouse film screening.
But that’s for another time.